- 1 General Info Regarding the Consulate of Chile in Chennai, India
- 2 Contact Info for the Chilean Consulate in Chennai, India
- 3 Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Chile in Chennai, India
- 4 Common Qs about the Consulate in Chennai, India
The Chilean Consulate in Chennai, India is a convenient resource in many situations. On this page, you are going to be informed about everything you’ll need to understand about the Consulate.
This article explains what the Consulate does, common services, contact information, and more.
As always, speak with an experienced immigration lawyer or consular representations abroad if you have additional questions.
General Info Regarding the Consulate of Chile in Chennai, India
A consulate like the Chilean Consulate in Chennai, India is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its aim is to safeguard and protect the rights and interests of people from Chile.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping citizens from Chile who live or are traveling. But it also motivates stronger connections between the Chile and communities.
Many issues can be solved by you as an individual, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A cultured lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Chilean Consulate in Chennai, India
64 ABM Avenue Lane
R. A. Puram
Chennai 600 028
Telephone: (+91) (0) 994 001 7198, –
Fax: No fax number
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: By appointment, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mrs Sunitha ShahaneyHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Chile in New Delhi
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Description of Consular Services for the Consulate of Chile in Chennai, India
Although the consulate’s first role is to protect its people from Chile while they are away from home, their consular services for a variety of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Chile who have lost identification cards, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of members of their families.
A regular consular service is assisting with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Chilean Consulate in Chennai, India, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the range of consular services they give. Get in touch to the location near you to schedule an appointment.
Please review the website for accurate office hours prior to visiting the honorary consulate.
For other information and frequently asked questions about these and other matters, check out the Chilean Consulate in Chennai, India’s FAQ page. Immigration attorneys can help navigate these predicaments, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Chennai, India
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people needing cheap or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the world have partnered with area health clinics to deliver services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration law firm to learn the specifics in your area. Before you drive to the office location, verify the hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Provide assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Chile nationals go through fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Obtain records and locate missing relatives
- Provide civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Chile nationals in custody
At the Chilean Consulate in Chennai, India, they work to help nationals from Chile around the world. Before you head down to the office, investigate the opening hours on the official website.
Difference Between Honorary Consulate and Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Chile in New Delhi, fills all other purposes. Rather than serving the anywhere in the country, the consulate works within the district it resides. Most nations have multiple consulates within the same country.
Common Qs about the Consulate in Chennai, India
Answers from experienced consular assistance experts.
1. How do I set up an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can schedule an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Chile you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Search the contact information on this page and you’ll be able to speak with a staff member about arranging your appointment.
2. What activities does the consulate do?
The main function of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Chile when they are out of their country. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all countries who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What resources does the consulate provide?
The Consulate of Chile in Chennai, India provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, medical care for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of nationals from Chile who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to acquire that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Chilean Consulate in Bremen, Germany
- Chilean Consulate in Las Vegas, United States
- Chilean Consulate in Detroit, United States
- Chilean Consulate in Boston, United States
- Chilean Consulate in Cartagena, Colombia
- Chilean Consulate in Le Havre, France
- Chilean Consulate in Rhodes, Greece
- Chilean Consulate in Malmö, Sweden
- Chilean Consulate in Santander, Spain
- Chilean Consulate in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Chilean Consulate in Sao Francisco do Sul, Brazil
- Chilean Consulate in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Chilean Consulate in Miami, United States
- Chilean Consulate in Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Chilean Consulate in Marseille, France