The Chilean Consulate in Kolkata, India is a useful resource in many cases. On this page, gain information about everything you’ll need to know about the Consulate.
This article will cover what the Consulate does, typical services, contact info, and more.
As always, reach out to an experienced immigration attorney or consular representations abroad if you have other questions.
General Info About the Consulate of Chile in Kolkata, India
A consulate like the Chilean Consulate in Kolkata, India is part of a foreign country’s representation in other countries. Its purpose is to safeguard and secure the rights and interests of people from Chile.
The consulate’s primary responsibilities focus on helping people from Chile who reside or are traveling. But it also stimulates more lasting connections between the Chile and people.
Many issues can be fixed by you, but in other cases, you may need consular representations abroad. A knowledgeable lawyer can give additional information and resources.
Contact Info for the Chilean Consulate in Kolkata, India
Motijug House, 1
Kolkata 700 017
Telephone: (+91) 33 2247 7898, (+91) 33 2247 0710
Fax: (+91) 33 2247 0670
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, -, –
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 10:00-18:00, –
Official Website: –
Head of Mission: Mr Jugal Kishore SaraffHonorary Consul
Supervising Authority for this Consulate: Embassy of Chile in New Delhi
* We have done our best to make this an accurate directory, but please send corrections through our contact form!
Consular Services of the Consulate of Chile in Kolkata, India
Even if the consulate’s primary role is to protect its people from Chile while they far from home, their consular services for a diversity of legal issues.
Identification, Documentation, and Health Services
It can notarize legal documents and support citizens from Chile who have lost passports, have medical emergencies, or are facing births or deaths of family members.
A common consular service is assisting with identification. There are several forms of identification provided by the Chilean Consulate in Kolkata, India, such as Consular I.D.s, Passports, and Visas. The honorary consulate can tell you about the range of consular services they give. Contact the nearest location to schedule an appointment.
Make sure to check the website for accurate office hours before heading down to the honorary consulate.
For more information and FAQs about these and other issues, look into the Chilean Consulate in Kolkata, India’s FAQ page. Immigration lawyers can help navigate these scenarios, also.
Other Functions of the Consulate in Kolkata, India
Some embassies and consulates provide other consular services like health resources for uninsured people requiring low cost or free services. Certain honorary consulates around the globe have collaborated with local health clinics to provide services on site. Find the local consulate or an immigration law firm to find out the specifics in your area. Before you drive to the office location, double check the opening hours on the official website.
Consular services such as protection, legal advice and more are also available:
- Help victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and hate crimes
- Ensure Chile nationals obtain fair treatment while in custody of local authorities
- Achieve records and locate missing relatives
- Offer civil, criminal, immigration, and labor law advice
- Provide interpretation and legal representation for Chile nationals in custody
At the Chilean Consulate in Kolkata, India, they work to assist nationals from Chile around the world. Before you go to the office, review the opening hours on the website.
Honorary Consulate vs. Supervising Authority
The honorary consulate, rather than the Embassy of Chile in New Delhi, fills all other aims. Instead of serving the whole country, the consulate operates within the district it is located. Most countries have multiple consulates within the same country.
FAQs about the Consulate in Kolkata, India
Answers from helpful consular assistance representatives.
1. How can I schedule an appointment with the consulate on their website?
You can arrange an appointment by directly contacting the honorary consulate of Chile you choose or utilizing the online appointment service. Look for the contact information here and you’ll be able to communicate with a staff member about arranging your appointment.
2. What exactly does the consulate do?
The main purpose of the consulate is to protect international citizens from Chile when they are abroad. There are consulates and embassies worldwide for nearly all nations who assist with foreign affairs. “International citizens” who travel around the world will find these extremely useful!
3. What consular services does the consulate offer?
The Consulate of Chile in Kolkata, India provides a range of services, such as consular assistance with legal processes, medical emergencies, care with medical resources for the uninsured, procedures with identity documents, locate missing relatives, assistance to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and hate crimes, taking care of of the well-being of citizens from Chile who are in the custody of local authorities, among other services. Consular assistance does not include valid travel insurance, you’ll need to obtain that yourself. Be sure to review the opening hours on the official website before heading in!
- Chilean Consulate in Rhodes, Greece
- Chilean Consulate in Munich, Germany
- Chilean Consulate in Rio Gallegos, Argentina
- Chilean Consulate in Cape Town, South Africa
- Chilean Consulate in Cartagena, Colombia
- Chilean Consulate in Miami, United States
- Chilean Consulate in Cologne, Germany
- Chilean Consulate in Osaka, Japan
- Chilean Consulate in Willemstad, Curaçao
- Chilean Consulate in Maldonado, Uruguay
- Chilean Consulate in Tacna, Peru
- Chilean Consulate in Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Chilean Consulate in Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Chilean Consulate in Casablanca, Morocco
- Chilean Consulate in Bremen, Germany