The Spanish Consulate in Houston
The Spanish Consulate in Houston is an official government office that offers a range of services for the Spanish people living in the United States. The mission of the Consulate is to promote trade, cultural ties and international relations between Spain and its citizens abroad, as well as to provide support for Spaniards living overseas. The Consulate provides advice on issues such as visas, work permits, dual citizenship, taxes or consular protection.
History of the Spanish Consulate in Houston
It was established on October 19th, 1837 by decree of Queen Isabel II of Spain. The founding purpose of the Consulate was to promote trade between Spain and its colonies in North America.
Who can visit the Spanish Consulate?
You must be of Hispanic descent to visit the Consulate. If you are not of Hispanic descent and wish to obtain a visa, you will need to go through the process with the consulate in your home country. You must also have an appointment made ahead of time for an interview.
- Consulate of Spain New York
- More information about the Consulate of Spain in Miami
- Consulate of Spain in USA
- Spanish Consulate Los Angeles [Updated]
What services do the Consulate provide?
The Spanish Consulate in Houston is a governmental service that provides help with the following:
- Passports and passport renewal
- Birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates
- Legalization of documents
- Notarial services including affidavits for civil marriages, notarized letters of consent, power of attorney for minors or adults, etc.
- Translation services
Why should I care about the Spanish Consulate?
There are many reasons why you should care about the Spanish Consulate:
- If you’re a citizen of Spain and you want to visit, study, work, invest or do business in this area then the Consulate can provide you with information and assistance on how to do that.
- If you’re a U.S. citizen and planning on travelling abroad soon, make sure your passport is up-to-date!
Hours of operation
The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm, and Saturday from 10am to 2pm.
The Spanish Consulate in Houston is located at:
3611 Montrose Blvd., Suite 105
Houston, Texas 77006
Tel: (713) 526-1400
Fax: (713) 526-0422